Contract type – Full Time
Band – I
Information about the role
Keeping the United Kingdom safe is a complex task. The threats we face are ever evolving. Our Customer Service Centre have an extensive secure network to support National Police IT. With the growing threat to National Security, we need to expand this network – and that means adding to our dedicated team. It’s your chance to take on a brand-new role and play your part in supporting UK policing. As an Applications Support Analyst, you’ll support business-critical systems that are vital to our work in an ITIL-aligned environment. It’s an IT role like no other, which comes with excellent training and the chance to build your skills.
- Working within a service team monitoring components such as web servers, applications servers, log files, disk space and MS-SQL databases.
- A point of escalation for all Application related issues within the Applications and Data Team.
- Working as part of a second line support function following incident management through to incident resolution. Natural problem solving with ability to apply previous experience to new problems working towards route cause analysis.
- Working with third party suppliers, stakeholders and departmental ICT teams to assist in delivering patch/release of applications while coordinating vendor support.
- Maintaining middleware such as; IIS, MS-SQL Server, Active Directory, ASP and. NET, including troubleshooting, performance tuning, basic querying and resolving bottlenecks.
- Daily support of COTS and WEB based software applications with an emphasis on the ability to problem solve.
- Strong customer focus – understanding the needs of the internal and external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
How to apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.