Contract type – Full Time
Band – M
Information about the role
To assist national CT Policing Community to elicit and develop technology User Requirements, scoping studies and Business Cases (Government Green book). To develop afore mentioned documentation sets to progress projects through due governance to delivery. You will be able to develop a range of documentation formats in order to provide information in a manner suitable to the target audience. In addition, to be a contact for the CT Policing Community in relation to technology providing advice and guidance. To represent BDSD and the Technology Pillar at corporate and national technology forums.
- To assist national CT Policing Community customers in the creation of appropriate user requirements, scoping studies and business cases (liaising with operational teams, Procurement Services and Lead Accountants as and where appropriate). To liaise with colleagues within CTP HQ to ensure that any new requirements are not already aligned to national products or services.
- To understand the national CT Policing Community’s current and future needs for technology services (new and to be developed). To ensure that strategic requirements for new and existing technology products and services are aligned to technology and other CTP HQ strategies.
- Assist in the update / maintenance of the BDSD Demand Log and the National CT Technology Strategy.
- To work with CTP HQ, Finance Services, Commercial Services and external agencies to ensure that projects and programmes are suitably commissioned and ensure they continue to deliver against the needs of the national CT Policing Community.
- Acting as a technology conduit between the customer and CTP HQ, to be a key point of advice and escalation with respect to technology projects, programmes, governance & issues.
- To develop relationships with internal (CTP HQ) and external policing partners / agencies by which to meet the CT Policing’s technology needs.
- To represent the BDSD, the Technology Pillar and CTP HQ, at project / programme boards (both in-house and at corporate forums and at Partner Agencies) by which to influence direction. Where appropriate, to represent the customer at corporate and national technology forums.
- To assist in advising on the suitability of new and emerging technologies to the national CT Policing Community. To assist in overseeing and coordinating the implementation of national technology projects and initiatives therein to provide / communicate updates on the status of requirements / business cases.
- Where and when appropriate, working into the Operational Delivery Intelligent Client Unit, assisting with the delivery of project lifecycle deliverables.
- Where and when appropriate, working across CTP HQ by which to build and maintain stakeholder relationships in order to progress requested project and demand outputs.
- Where and when appropriate, to facilitate workshops and produce appropriate business process models, identifying and implementing improvements.
- Where and when appropriate, to support the Intelligent Client Unit Test Manager to ensure project deliverables meet user requirements/expectations.
- To manage up to two members of staff.
How to apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.