Contract type – Full Time – Permanent
Location – West Brompton/Hybrid Working
Band – P
Salary – £37,744 to £42,631
Information About The Role
The National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NaCTSO) Business Engagement Unit (BEU) is a team with a national responsibility to engage with business and industry. We provide approved and authoritative Counter Terrorism (CT) advice and guidance to business, industry, local government and specific sectors, communities and organisations to reduce the risk of terrorism.
You’ll be responsible to deliver and evaluate engagement channels specifically aligned to the Government Contest strategy. Also working to the strategic priorities of NaCTSO and CT Policing (Protect and Prepare) that work with business to make the UK safer from terrorism.
You’ll help with the development and delivery of daily business engagement. This will involve analysing business information and getting details from police and security partners. This supports the development of NaCTSO products and services and ensures they meet the needs of both policing and business.
You’ll be required to co-ordinate the organisation of events such as the national Action Counters Terrorism (ACT) corporate event. You’ll also co-ordinate the corporate Regional ACT and targeted sector events.
The role requires presentation skills to represent NaCTSO at meetings, conferences and events which raise awareness of CT. You’ll promote a ‘call to action’ for business to use available NaCTSO products such as ACT e-learning, and the ProtectUK app and website.
We also provide the secretariat support to the CT Business Information Exchange (CT BIE).
This is a national role and may require UK-based travel in support of the BEU objectives and support of regional BEU ACT events.
You’ll be required to do the following:
- provide an operational policing perspective to business needs and a business perspective to CT Policing. Maintain a working knowledge of legislative procedures and national policy
- deliver and monitor your business engagement activity. Analyse information and learning outcomes from police, security partners and business to further develop Protect and Prepare (PandP) advice to the private sector
- work closely with the ProtectUK delivery and communications teams to maximise opportunities within the business community to access NaCTSO advice, guidance, products and services. This is to help them be better informed and be able to contribute to protecting the UK against a terrorist attack and be ready to respond and effectively recover from a terrorist attack
- plan, develop and deliver ACT national events. Support the regions in the delivery of regional events that meet the NaCTSO and CTP objectives and business requirement
- represent NaCTSO and the BEU at meetings, events and conferences including presenting as a speaker
- monitor the effectiveness of engagement with your business sector groups, identifying gaps and opportunities for improvement
- co-ordinate and support meetings, events and training opportunities for the team
- carry out other tasks and activities as directed
- be prepared to travel nationally
How to Apply
Apply to the role by clicking the link below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.