Contract type – Full Time
Band – D
Information about the role
Data has the power to transform the way we combat terrorist threats. That’s why we’ve built an advanced Data & Analysis team, governed by expert Boards. As Business Support & Secretariat Officer, you’ll be part of a growing team, supporting these Boards so they can give their best; a task that will place you at the heart of the CTP network.
Your main task will be to manage logistics and administration for the Digital, Data, and Analysis & Technology (DDAT) Board and CTP Data Board. Think minute-taking at meetings, following up actions points and circulating papers. You’ll also help to design and maintain the Data & Analysis Delivery Plan, develop Management Information and create communications. As you’ll be based at the hub of the Data & Analysis team, you’ll need to be good with people, with strong communication skills.
You’ll also need to be highly organised, computer-literate and driven to meet deadlines. If you thrive in a busy, fast-paced team, this could be the ideal career step.
Now more than ever is the time to join the Met Police. We want our team to be representative of our country and are looking to recruit people who understand and reflect the diverse communities we engage with every day.
Besides the rewarding nature of the job itself, a competitive salary and a Civil Service pension, you’ll also benefit from excellent career and professional development. If you’re looking to progress, this is an outstanding opportunity.
- Support the running of the DDAT and Data Board. You will manage the logistics and other arrangements for each of these boards. You will manage the commissioning and circulation of papers. You will produce high-quality minutes and ensure any follow-up actions are progressed. And you will work with the Band C Board Secretariat to identify opportunities for improving the running of the boards.
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of the Data & Analysis Delivery Plan. You will monitor key initiatives across the Pillar, flagging any risks and dependencies, and record progress updates working closely with the Band C Strategy and Service Design.
- Support the development of relevant Management Information. You will contribute to the design and maintenance of the dashboards, process diagrams and governance documentation.
- Develop communications products. You will work with the Band C DDAT Secretariat and Strategy Lead to develop a range of comms products for board members and wider stakeholders.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and officers within the Data Pillar, other CTPHQ units, the CT Network, Specialist Operations, other relevant areas of the MPS and with external stakeholders. You will also be responsible for tracking all D&A Pillar finances and coordinating recruitment for the team.
- Working collaboratively across the team to provide other business admin support. You will work with other Band Ds and providing resilience when required. And support activities such as maintaining the Data Pillar corporate shared document system; ensure financial records are up-to-date; and support pillar-wide recruitment activity.
How to apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.