Contract type – Full Time – Secondment
Location – CBRN – Ryton, Coventry
Rank – Sergeant
Working across the four thematic teams of: Capabilities, Training, Operations and Performance & Development you’ll support, strengthen and assure the police response to CBRN Terrorism nationally.
You’ll supervise a small team of police officers and staff within the Capabilities department, responsible for the implementation of ongoing Next Generation PPE, DIM and advanced responder projects across the UK.
The National context of the work and engagement with senior leaders offers significant development opportunities for the individual, as well as presenting the opportunity to travel extensively across the UK to identify good practice, assess capability, support CPD events, support CBRN capability building and exercises at the Operational, Tactical and Strategic level.
Ideally you’ll be familiar with CBRN policy, tactics, techniques and capability however it’s not a pre-requisite as learning and development opportunities will be available throughout the secondment period. However, as a minimum, you should be familiar with the CBRN Initial Operational Response, JESIP Joint Doctrine (Interoperability framework) and the current CBRN PPE nationally available to responders.
You’ll demonstrate effective decision making, problem solving and leadership skills, whilst effectively managing team performance under pressure against competing demands whilst building effective working relationships.
This role includes on-call duties and attracts Central Service Allowance. Flexible working may be considered.
- Initially based in the Capabilities team, but working across the four thematic teams of: Training, Capabilities, Operations, and Performance and Development to support, strengthen and assure the police response to CBRN terrorism;
- Work as part of a team to develop the multi-agency Emergency Service capability to respond to CBRN terrorism and contribute to the overall vision and mission of the National CBRN Centre;
- Support the delivery of the Next Generation Protection projects;
- Support the development and delivery of CBRN CPD, testing and exercising and assurance events across the emergency services;
- Contribute to new and existing projects;
- Support the Head of Centre in delivering CBRN policy, doctrine and guidance;
- Participate in the Duty Manager on call cadre.
How to apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.