Contract type – Full Time
Location – Across London
Band – Band I
Salary – £37,744 to £42,631 plus a Location allowance of £1,721. You will receive £37,744 the band minimum. Progress to the band maximum of £42,631 will be via incremental progression.
Information About The Role
There’s never been a more important time to be working in Counter Terrorism. As threats evolve, we must be prepared and keep our systems protected. As a Compliance & Assurance Operator, you’ll uphold compliance and assurance standards to support national security. Help us keep the country – and everyone in it – safe from terrorism.
This a chance to join the Security Operations Centre (SOC) within Counter Terrorism Policing Headquarters (CTPHQ)’s Compliance and Assurance (C&A) Pillar. Here, you’ll oversee a number of governance and assurance functions on behalf of CT Policing (CTP) across the UK. You’ll play a crucial role in implementing our overall security strategy, working within a dynamic team. You’ll also be the hub of coordinated efforts to monitor, assess, and defend against cyber attacks and protect CTP assets.
It’s a vital role that’s also fairly varied. You could be providing assurance to CT governance bodies one day and helping the regional CTP network to monitor compliance the next. Whatever the task, you’ll draw on your initiative, resilience and drive to give your very best. Experience in the administration of security incidents is essential, although there’ll be every opportunity to learn new skills.
Along with technical talents, you’ll need a gift for communication. It’s important you can compile reports and present to a range of audiences, including some of the Met Police’s best and brightest.
Besides the rewarding nature of the job itself, a competitive salary and a Civil Service pension, you’ll also benefit from excellent career and professional development. If you’re looking to progress, this is an outstanding opportunity.
The post holder roles will include:
- Monitoring mailboxes and managing enquiries while providing excellent professional services
- Support and ongoing maintenance of accreditation
- Executing and monitoring the pre-defined scripts configured within the Protective Monitoring system
- Escalating any security alerts that occur, following the agreed security processes and procedures
- Carrying out daily, weekly and monthly compliance & assurance checks
- Compilation of events to provide regular daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports
- Managing key records to assure all details are up to date and accurate
- Assisting the assurance plan development process through risk identification and mitigation activities
- Receipt and tracking of security incidents
- Assisting with the development and improvement of policies and processes, including the continual review and improvement of C&A functionality
- Coordination of key meetings and providing minute taking if required
- Providing communications and messaging to relevant stakeholders to inform of any key information
- Assisting with any support for projects and initiatives.
How to Apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.