The North West Counter Terrorism Firearms Hub based within the Greater Manchester force area provides a busy and demanding environment for Authorised Firearms Officers. The hub covers Greater Manchester, Cheshire, North Wales, Lancashire, Cumbria and Merseyside Police areas, whilst being available for regional and national deployment when demand dictates.
Greater Manchester Police are offering transfer opportunities for qualified firearms officers who are currently trained and operationally competent as an AFO base in the Armed Response Vehicle (ARV). We are also accepting applications from SFO/CTSFO role profiles who are currently serving within a Home Office force. Depending on operational need, successful candidates will be posted within the Specialist Operations Team, which includes Manchester Airport and the Firearms Unit within the Specialist Operations Branch.
For the ARV role you will:
• Be current in all NPFTC modules contained within the ARV role profile, with a proven level of competence in training and operational deployments to both initial and planned firearms operations.
• Have achieved Level 9.4 Bleep Test (ARV Level) within the last 12 months.
• Be medically fit to current Authorised Firearms Officer standards.
• Be serving in a recognised Home Office Force (excluding CNC & MDP).
• Further evidence to demonstrate performance, attendance; Code of Ethics and the required level of professionalism will be required.
• Display full competence against the Policing Professional Framework for the rank of Constable.
• Additional skills such as Firearms Tactical Advisor; Operational Firearms Commander (OFC), National Firearms Instructor (NFI) will be advantageous but are not essential.
• There may be opportunities for ARV role profile officers to undergo selection for the CTSFO role profile.