Contract type – Full Time
Band – Band C
Information About The Role
Data is playing an increasingly important role in Counter Terrorism Policing (CTP) as are our Data professionals. Join us as a Data Standards Architect and you’ll be at the heart of a fast-paced team that’s critical to CT work.
Our multi-disciplinary team in our Data & Analysis Pillar needs your expertise. In this exciting role, you’ll lay the data foundations with a view to changing the way we use and see data.
By creating our new model, you’ll align CTP with partners and wider law enforcement. The goal is to improve the value of data, and you’ll advise on policy, and the adoption of data standards for new and emerging applications.
In addition to developing conceptual, logical and physical data models, you’ll explain the business benefits. It’s a chance to take on a visible role, championing data standards across the organisation. With best practice to guide you, you’ll introduce new data standards to CTP and spot any opportunities. That calls for relevant experience in a similar role, a collaborative approach and good communication skills.
If you’re a Data Standards Architect who’s keen to develop alongside the evolving field of data management, you’ll thrive at CTP. Besides the rewarding nature of the job itself, a competitive salary and a Civil Service pension, you’ll also benefit from excellent career and professional development.
- Develop data policies, standards and a common data model for Counter Terrorism Policing with the aim of aligning these with our strategic partners and the wider law enforcement data landscape.
- Develop conceptual, logical & physical data models to assist consistency in naming conventions and default values.
- Investigate patterns and trends to identify where data standardisation can contribute to increasing our data interoperability.
- Review and update existing data standards maintaining a data standard catalogue
- Considers requests for new data standards.
- Implement data standards to improve the use and reuse of CTP data across all new applications and advise on improving data standards on existing applications.
How to Apply
Apply to the role by clicking the links below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.