Contract type – Full Time – Permanent
Location – Birmingham
Grade – Grade 7
Salary – £37,134 – £42,597
As a Technical Delivery Manager working in our Digital Media Exploitation Unit (DMEU), you’ll be responsible for guiding, prioritising, tasking and co-ordinating the work of the team to ensure compliance with service level agreements.
You’ll provide technical assistance to Digital teams across West Midlands Police, and support frontline tooling through the validation of hardware and software, including trouble shooting and demonstrating innovation through research and development to identify the latest advancements from vendors.
You’ll be undertaking digital forensic investigation of computers, mobile phones and other digital data devices that have been, or are suspected of being used, in the commission of crime, and report on them in formal evidential reports for the purposes of presenting evidence to Investigating Officers, Crown Prosecution Service and Courts.
- Ownership of supervision and daily management of technical accreditation requirements.
- Tasking of Digital Investigation Technical Officers with a key emphasis on demonstrating positive guidance and leadership.
- Monitoring performance and conducting Performance Development Reviews of staff based on technical competence.
- Assisting with the development and drafting technical procedures.
- Supporting competency and training of staff through the Quality Management System, acting as Quality Representative for the team.
- Supporting team internal audits ensuring they are completed and submitted to the Quality Manager in a timely manner.
- Appraising working methods to ensure best value and keeping abreast of the constant development of technology and case law.
- Identifying new methods and techniques to be included in the scope of accreditation.
- Carrying out root cause and risk analysis, formulating corrective/preventive actions, ensuring actions are completed within agreed timescales.
- Preparing findings and reports upon completion of Digital Investigations/Forensic processes.
- Understanding and following Digital Forensic good practice methodologies.
- Undertaking forensic acquisition, examination, analysis and investigation of evidence from a variety of digital devices used in the commission, preparation or instigation of criminal offences.
How to apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link