est Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit (WMCTU) has an opportunity for you to join us as a Facilities Operations Assistant.
Duties include portering, cleaning and driving duties to support all WMCTU buildings and associated premises. The post may require you to work outside of normal business hours due to Operational requirements, this may include some weekends or evenings.
- Assist with the moving of furniture, stationery, equipment, foodstuffs, materials and waste, completing any relevant paperwork/record sheets.
- Collect and deliver post, furniture and parcels from a number of locations.
- Remove, shred, store and dispatch confidential waste and to remove all rubbish including recycling from the buildings to skips
- Maintaining clean litter free car parks and outside areas
- Assist with cleaning duties at all WMCTU sites as necessary and to monitor and restock cleaning consumables
- Report any defects found in the building fabric, and to assist with minor repairs, painting, replacing light bulbs, etc. as required
- Report any faults found in equipment and carry out minor repairs to chairs, desks etc.
- Transport staff/visitors or equipment to various locations
- Escort contractors and visitors
- Prepare seating arrangements for meetings and conferences and clear rooms after use of consumables and equipment.
- There will be some use of mechanical aids – Training will be provided