Contract type – Full Time
Band – A
Information about the role
The Head of Data is part of the CTP Senior Leadership Team, reporting to Director of Data and Analysis. The role will act as CTP’s Chief Data Officer (CDO) and will lead the CTP Network’s mobilisation of data through the CTP Data and Analysis Strategy. The role will head small teams leading data and strategy policy, key technology programme coordination and governance. It is central to CTP’s strategy that our use of data will always be lawful, ethical and proportionate.
The role will deputise for the Director on data-related issues. The role will work closely with the Head of Analysis to ensure our specialist analytical cadres and our wider workforce have the right tools. The role will work with our Chief Scientific and Technical Officer to ensure that CTP has the right technology, including ICT, infrastructure to realise our aspirations in the use of data.
- Establish and lead our CTP Data Strategy
- Build the Network’s capability to share and analyse data to provide insight, to enhance operational outcomes and inform CT Policing’s strategy and priorities
- Establish and manage strategic partnerships with the UK intelligence community, the National Crime Agency, the Metropolitan Police Service and the National Police Chiefs’ Council on the use of data
- Lead development of national strategic data policy. Represent CTP with national partners on data policy and legislation
- Manage CTP’s Data Capability Assurance Framework (the principal framework for assuring CTP data capability against technical, compliance, ethical and quality standards)
- Develop clear and practicable policy and guidance on data ethics, assurance and experimentation – including in relation to AI, automation and image recognition technologies
- Chair the CTP national Data Board and manage the secretariat functions for the Director’s Digital, Data, Analysis and Technology Board
- Champion and implement data management strategies and standards to institutionalise data quality management
How to apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.