Contract type – Full Time
Band – D
Information about the role
Based in a small team within Counter Terrorism Policing HQ (CTPHQ), you’ll provide asset and configuration management to the entire CTP network. Managing relevant databases, you’ll tackle all aspects of asset and configuration management covering both hardware and software. Accuracy will be critical, as will proven experience and good communication skills. With these talents, you’ll win the trust of colleagues as you liaise with the wider CTP network.
Day to day, you’ll take on a variety of tasks, from creating validation reports to managing user licence records for multiple Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms. You’ll therefore need a proven track record in Asset & Configuration, including experience of Asset and CMDB management within an ITSM framework lead environment. As you’ll be acting as the main contact for asset and configuration matters, you’ll need to be good with people, too. Organised, analytical and able to make decisions? Join us – and play your part in keeping the country safe.
Besides the rewarding nature of the job itself, a competitive salary, and a Civil Service pension, you’ll also benefit from excellent career and professional development.
- Provide primary interface to the National CT/DE network regarding Asset and Configuration management
- Active management and maintenance of the CMDB in Service Now (SNow) and the creation and maintenance of all types of configuration Items
- Management and provision of user licence records for multiple Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms
- Creation of validation reports based upon CMDB data using SNow to both internal senior management and external partners/stakeholders
- Conduct site audits where required to check the validity of existing records to ensure the integrity of the Database
- Maintenance and audit of supported site records
- Routine management and fulfilment of Incident, Service and Change requests
How to apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.