Contract type – Full Time
Band – D
Information about the role
In this key role, you’ll get the exciting opportunity to support some of the most pressing challenges in Counter Terrorism Policing (CTP) today. Working alongside the Detective Chief Inspector and JCTPPH Capability Leads, you’ll deliver the business and personnel coordination functions, in line with its mission.
You’ll be responsible for a variety of functions, including everything from on-boarding and off-boarding staff to managing personnel processes (such as vetting and recruitment) and the JCTPPH shared mailboxes. You’ll also provide key support to the Chief of Staff across a variety of functions including procurement and producing management information. Your day-to-day will bring you into contact with a wide range of contacts, so strong communication skills – both verbal and written – are vital.
You’ll be involved in event management and facilitation, all while being the link between agencies and regions. You’ll also be responsible for department budgets and weekly or monthly management reports. More than that, you’ll make sure the team’s wellbeing is prioritised within a supportive, inclusive culture.
Experience of working in CTP, prisons or probation is not essential – we’re looking for someone with excellent organisation and people skills. Someone highly motivated, proactive and confident managing a team, and who will become a positive role model for everyone around them.
Now more than ever is the time to join the Met Police. We want our team to be representative of our country and are looking to recruit people who understand and reflect the diverse communities we engage with every day.
Besides the rewarding nature of the job itself, a competitive salary and a Civil Service pension, you’ll also benefit from excellent career and professional development. If you’re looking to advance, we’ll support your progress.
Please note that some UK travel will be required.
The role holder will have overall responsibility for delivering the HCT’s functions and should thus attain a level of proficiency and understanding of all elements of the HCT’s work.
As the HCT Manager, the role holder will have individual responsibilities in addition to overseeing the core HCT functions. These are listed in the ‘key activities’ section.
The role holder will be responsible for the line management and pastoral care of HCT staff and for ensuring CTP professionalism requirements are maintained by the police staff. Where a direct line report is from another agency in the Hub, the role holder should endeavour to engage with the staff processes of the relevant agency, and seek assistance from another manager from that agency as necessary.
The post holder will be required to do the following:
- Overseeing the Hub Coordination Team (HCT) functions, see list below
- Line management of HCT staff (currently 4x Band E)
- Procurement and liaison with external contractors in line with MPS SOP (CAPITA and Premier Partnership)
- Day-to-day management of the JCTPPH budget
- Assisting with production of weekly / monthly management reports
- Coordinating communications, including event management and facilitation
- Projects, as required
Hub Coordination Team functions:
- On-boarding and off-boarding for joiners / leavers
- Ongoing management of Hub personnel processes (e.g. vetting, systems access, recruitment, training, CPD events, on-call rota, annual leave)
- Managing membership requests and removals for the Knowledge Hub
- Monitoring and managing JCTPPH shared mailboxes
- Maintaining the JCTPPH tasking register
- Conduit between agencies/regions for Approved Visitor Scheme checks
- Maintaining corporate memory (e.g. contacts, shared drives, minutes)
- Organising meeting rooms, invitations, and buildings access for visitors
How to apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.