Protecting the country from threats is an ever-evolving challenge. Technology plays a vital role and our team relies on a range of systems. As an operational deployment engineer, you’ll join an innovative team that’s at forefront of the fight against terrorism. Use your skills to support critical tech and keep the UK safe from harm.
Surveillance operations are a key part of Counter Terrorism Policing (CTP). In this vital role, you’ll install and maintain our systems, making sure they run like clockwork. Supporting officers on site and out in the field, you’ll be essential to the success of operations. You must therefore be a skilled professional with practical experience of supporting electronic systems.
Qualified to HNC/HND level (level 5) in an engineering subject, you’ll have proven expertise in one of the following areas:
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- CCTV/Security Systems Engineering
- Telecommunications or Data-communications
- RF Engineering- transmission equipment
- IP networks and wireless links
- Video and audio standards and compression techniques, video and audio recording including NVR’s and mass storage of data, video monitoring systems.
Whatever your specialism, you’ll be up to speed on transmission systems including frequency spectrum, modulation methods, antennas, IP radio, mobile phone networks (2G, 3G, 4G) and optical fibre. Team-focused and reliable, you’ll be ready to work in our workshops and support our team in the field.