An exciting opportunity has become available for a Receptionist to act as the first point of contact and security for our building, whilst providing administrative support to the unit.
Do you have experience of working in a reception in an administrative environment, especially using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook? Do you have an eye for detail and have experience of minute taking in meetings?
We’re looking for someone who can provide an efficient and professional customer service to the department and any visitors on their arrival. In this role you will be providing administrative support to the department, including arranging meetings and taking minutes.
In this role your main responsibilities will be:
• To be responsible for all visitors, maintaining the security of the building by checking identification, checking vetting, issuing visitor passes ensuring they sign in on entry and departure, also making them aware of general health and safety procedures, challenging visitors as required.
• Arranging meetings as required and organising secure video conferencing facilities, as well as taking minutes of the meetings.
• Monitoring the CCTV footage and Intruder alarm activity for the building, taking appropriate action or reporting to the appropriate person.
• Ordering of site supplies including stationery and stores items. Also reporting equipment and building faults to the appropriate contractors.
• Managing the central e-mail box, including responding to queries and raising issues as required.
• Providing administrative support to the department including the issue of petty cash, booking travel and accommodation, raising purchase orders and chasing delivery of goods.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
• Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Reception work in an administrative environment.
• Proven experience of good customer service skills.
• Good communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Ability to take minutes of meetings.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 5 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
We are looking for cover Monday to Friday however working days and times to be agreed upon appointment of a successful applicant.