Contract type – Full Time
Information About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Counter Terrorism Policing South East (CTPSE) within the Regional Control Desk. The Regional Control Desk Team works in a busy environment receiving communications from various agencies that work at the Border to protect the UK from terrorist threats. The role can be demanding at times, as the environment is busy and a single point of contact into CTPSE at the Border.
The RCDO role is an exciting, varied and challenging role; you will produce a wide range of verbal and written updates and assist with deployments for CTPSE teams at the Border for many different partners, both internal and external.
We are looking for an outgoing, hardworking, calm individual who is unflustered when busy and is excellent at verbal and written updates. The role is for someone who likes to assist and solve problems and represent CTPSE Borders to a high standard. This role requires working unsocial hours, overcoming the unexpected in order to get the job done. In return, you will be working in an incredibly unique and diverse environment contributing to the fight on terrorism in the UK.
The ideal candidate will be a good team player with relevant experience in a control room – style environment; we will support your training and development to transition into this role. As an RCDO, you will be required to:
- Receive information, both verbally and electronically and respond promptly and effectively to requests to provide a secure environment at the UK Border.
- To summarise information concisely and quickly to enable prompt and effective responses to notifications from a variety of partner agencies.
- Support live operational activity.
- Liaise with internal and external colleagues including Senior Officers to progress incidents relating to CT subjects of interest.
- Work in partnership with teams throughout CT Policing and the wider intelligence community.
- Support and respond to spontaneous/critical/major incidents and/or events within the remit of Policing.
- Conduct Research using a range of systems.
You will be working on a varied shift pattern, which includes working weekend attracting a shift allowance in additional to the base salary.
Due to the nature of our work, security is of paramount importance to us and therefore it will be necessary to pass and maintain vetting level DV. In order to achieve this, you must be a British National and have resided in the UK for the past ten years. Exemptions apply for overseas or other diplomatic service (with HM Government), and studying abroad.
You can find more information about security vetting here.
How to Apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.