Are you ready for a new exciting opportunity where you will really make a difference?
We have an opening for a Regional Operational Security and Compliance Manager to join our team.
As part of a national network you will form part of our Regional Senior Leadership Team where you will ensure compliance and provide expert advice on all aspects of operational security; providing risk management in relation to the activities of our covert teams alongside a quality assurance, inspection, audit and review function.
In this role your Main Responsibilities will be:-
- Responsibility for providing expert advice to senior managers and operational team leaders across the South West region on operational security and risk management and the delivery of investigations using covert law enforcement tactics with an emphasis upon risk assessment and risk management.
- To recognise, identify, categorise and review threats to investigations, monitoring and recommending counter measures, identifying and disseminating organisational learning and examination of all cases of compromise.
- Responsibility for ensuring there are appropriate measures in place to demonstrate compliance against all security standards. You will ensure any systems used to hold covert material are inspected to ensure audit and assurances checks provide compliance with the safeguarding chapters of the relevant codes of practice and an adequate review, retain or destroy function.
- Providing assurance, on behalf of the Head of Unit, as lead Departmental Security Advisor ensuring the security and integrity of the Unit’s IT systems as well as physical and personal security ensuring the department maintain compliance with the Manual of Protective Security.
- Responsibility for making decisions on security and providing security advice and guidance on all aspects of operational security including physical, personnel, assets, information handling, communication and operational techniques.
- To manage business continuity and business resilience processes for the department and the region.
- Acting as a link with Force Project Leaders, ensuring that knowledge relating to IT security is shared between the Forces and this department with a corporate approach to information management and security is adopted.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:-
- Educated to degree level or other suitable qualifications or experience at working at a senior level within a law enforcement or operational security environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- Experience of providing protective security advice or providing high level problem solving and dealing with issues of operational compromise
- Experience of influencing and persuading stakeholders
- Experience of negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Experience of keeping up to date with current legislation, current affairs and related security trends in social media
- Experience of leading, managing and developing a team
- To take and successfully complete the College of Policing Operational Security Course
How to apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.