Contract type – Full Time
Grade/scale – SO 2
Information about the role
An exciting opportunity has become available to become a Regional Trainer.
You will design and deliver tailored training courses on both Regional and national level to the required standards and maintain and develop the technical skills of officers and staff of the department.
This post also includes some supervisory elements for the Training Administrator.
- To deliver approved training products to relevant staff.
- To design and deliver relevant training courses as directed, liaising with recognised authorities in specialist fields, identifying core requirements, incorporating Regional/National policy and legislation and prepare the necessary paperwork to ensure that all training needs are met.
- To continually monitor and assess skills development of students, evaluate their performance to the required competence, providing feedback and produce reports as required.
- To run accreditation process for ports officers (Examining Officer and Review Officer).
- To analyse the results of feedback and evaluation forms in relation to training subjects and to monitor the appropriateness of the course content, identifying problems and concerns and implementing any changes to ensure good practice for future training methods and to ensure that these courses achieve specified aims.
- To keep abreast of changes in legislation, Regional/National policy, training techniques and develop knowledge of training topics, current affairs and recording all information in an accessible and comprehensive format to assist other trainers to run the courses.
- To develop and maintain close relationships with regional and national forces, ODU academic institutions, partner agencies and training establishments to facilitate good practice and update knowledge base.
- To support operational officers and staff following requests for guidance on associated laws and procedures.
- To facilitate and run regional forums/working parties for a number of differing On-Call groups working within the regional/national environment.
- To devise and maintain the regional training calendar and to work with the training administrator to identify suitable locations to deliver training.
- To support the regional training administrator in maintaining training records and booking courses.
How to apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.