Contract type – Full Time
Rank – Constable
Information About The Role
You’ll work as part of the Radiological & Nuclear Inland Detection Capability (RNIDC) team working across three UK wide hub locations, providing a radiation and nuclear detection capability within Policing. The base location for the team is at the National CBRN Centre, Ryton on Dunsmore with two hubs situated in South Wales and North Yorkshire
Working as part of a new dedicated Radiation and Nuclear Detection Team developing knowledge, and understanding operational capability, you’ll support the planning and integration of radiation and nuclear detection equipment into the protective security layer of policing for events. Additionally, the team will support the response to any radioactive or nuclear source that is out of regulatory control, either through loss or criminal intent, further supporting the Protect, Prepare and Pursue elements of the National Contest Strategy.
You’ll have the ability to enhance your profile through ongoing learning and technological advances, working closely with key partners across the CBRN landscape.
- Working as part of a team to develop and deliver a national Police radiological and nuclear inland detection capability.
- Operationally deploying with radiological and nuclear detection equipment within the Protect and Pursue elements of the National Contest Strategy across the UK.
- Working with host forces to deploy radiological and nuclear detection architecture into major public events.
- Developing a good knowledge of radiation and nuclear threats, detection capabilities and to become subject matter experts in the use of this detection equipment.
- Supporting the development of bespoke deployment plans for operational activity.
- Delivering the Duty Officer cadre for the NCBRNC. Where necessary further training will be given to achieve this.
- Successful applicants will be expected to travel to other locations within the UK in line with the capability requirements. Whilst the advertised role is to be predominantly based at one of the three locations, there is an expectation that the successful applicant will be able to work from any of the three locations according to operational requirements.
How to Apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.