Contract Type – Full Time
Band/Rank – Sergeant
Information about the role
You’ll have the ability to enhance the team’s profile through ongoing learning and technological advances, working closely with partners across the CBRN landscape, primarily the Atomic Weapons Establishment.
- Progressing the day to day work of the RNIDC, delivering management of staff for operational capability; detection capability user management and feedback; supporting the Home Office procurement processes; creating and developing of Policy and operational guidance; understanding and developing training requirements.
- Working as part of a team to research, develop and deliver national policing policies and processes, supporting the development of Police Radiological & Nuclear inland detection capability.
- Identifying and managing risks and issues.
- Maintaining, developing and enhancing relationships with key stakeholders to ensure operational procedures and processes are cognisant of those other agencies.
- Operationally deploying with radiological and nuclear detection equipment within the Protect and Pursue elements of the National Contest Strategy.
- Working with host forces to deploy radiological and nuclear detection architecture into major public events.
- Developing a good knowledge of radiation and nuclear threats, detection capabilities and to become subject matter experts in the use of this detection equipment.
- Creating bespoke deployment plans for operational activity.
- Be part of Duty Officer cadre for the NCBRNC.
- Successful applicants will be expected to travel to other locations within the UK in line with the capability requirements. The base location for the team is at the National CBRN Centre, Ryton on Dunsmore with two hubs situated in South Wales and North Yorkshire. Whilst the advertised role is to be predominantly based at one of the three locations, there is an expectation that the successful applicant will be able to work from any of the three locations according to operational requirements.
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.