This role is part of the National Counter Terrorism ICT Support Team, working as part of the London unit providing IT support of systems to the National Digital Exploitation Service.
In this role you will be managing an existing infrastructure based around Windows Servers and virtualisation, Cisco networks and Dell storage.
We role requires a rounded IT skillset of someone that can look after a full stack estate of hardware, servers, network, storage and applications.
The main tasks will focus around ensuring the estate is operational and functioning as expected, ensuring the estate is correctly patched and secure, performing backups, upgrades and changes when required.
This role will include on call for any critical issues outside of normal working hours.
This role requires a flexible working approach and will be part of a team who will provide onsite IT support the role holder may be required to travel to sites around London as appropriate, so UK driving licence required.
- Maintain a full Server, Storage & Network stack to maintain SLA uptimes
- Maintain and manage backups
- Ensure Antivirus is up-to-date
- Mange and deploy virtual servers with Hyper-V
- Patching a Wintel server estate
- Patching a Cisco network estate
- Patching of storage systems
- Deployment new OS builds and applications
- Administration of Windows Active Directory
- Setting and managing file permissions
- Managing application packages with App-V
- Managing and replacing faulty hardware with suppliers