Contract Type – Full Time
Band – Band I
Information about the role
The Covert Asset Support Unit (CASU) provides surveillance support to Counter Terrorism (CT) operations, staff to the Counter Terrorism operations rooms and deploys covert technical surveillance assets.
The role of the CASU technical operations network engineer is to oversee and run the CT network in support of CT operations.
You’ll work as part of a team that provides technical support by means of a working knowledge of a broad range of network focused engineering subjects.
You’ll be required to do the following:
- keep abreast of developments in relevant technologies, such as, attending seminars, industry exhibitions and national working groups, and to identify alternative equipment options and improvements in order to enhance the operational capabilities of the unit
- participate in an on-call rota in order to provide an operational response capability. The on-call commitment, along with planned maintenance periods, will result in occasionally working unsociable hours, possibly at short notice
- be required to work in difficult and challenging environments, subject to the appropriate risk assessment process and mitigation measures being put in place
- the role sometimes requires interaction with members of the public, in a professional manner, whilst maintaining confidentiality in sensitive environment
- be required to drive Met vehicles. Although the role does not come with a company car
- work with sensitive and classified information, in a covert environment
How to Apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.