Contract type – Full Time
Grade – Grade 4
Information About The Role
Working closely with Force Surveyors and approved contractors, you’ll handle the logistical and administrative elements of our mechanical & engineering (M&E) requirements ensuring all statutory maintenance, repairs and approved estate project works are delivered on time, to budget, and do not impact unnecessarily on business as usual processes. This will include providing physical assessment of urgent repairs and arranging for contractor attendance as necessary, and communicating major issues to the Force Surveyors for technical assistance. You may be required to accompany contractors to assess issues at height on the flat roofs and in other areas that may be difficult to reach. You’ll also work as part of the wider Facilities & Estates team to ensure delivery against Key Performance Indicators across a range of services.
- Supporting the coordination of approved planned, remedial, and estate project works to ensure delivery on schedule and to budget.
- Coordinating all reactive and planned maintenance and servicing by contractors.
- Coordinating the effects of planned and reactive works on business as usual processes, liaising with relevant stakeholders, including dealing with emergency situations and reassuring all relevant parties.
- Ensuring required work is delivered by approved vetted contractors as per site security requirements.
- Assessing and actioning customer enquiries and reports of building defects via bespoke reporting systems within agreed KPI targets.
- Liaising with Force Surveyors and contractors in relation to building and security issues, repairs and improvements.
- Undertaking general administrative responsibilities to ensure physical site security requirements are effective (e.g. issuing security fobs, ensuring escorting of contract). This includes attending meetings and updating systems at all sites across the CTU estate.
- Providing support to Managers with advice and guidance in relation to office moves, providing plans if required of options for office design, and to work closely with the IT team in relation to physical moves.
- Overseeing purchasing procedures regarding CTU estate quoted works, ensuring they are in line with Force contracts and best value, ensuring financial regulations and procedures are adhered to.
- Providing guidance and supervision to other members of the team as necessary.
How to Apply
Apply to the role by clicking the button below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.