Contract type – Full Time
Location – St. Mary’s Wharf
Grade/Band/Scale/Rank – Police Staff
Salary – £29,085 – £35,982
Information About The Role
This post requires regular access to sensitive material and applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo enhanced security clearance before taking up the post.
The material may be of sensitivity to the UK and may therefore be restricted to UK nationals. In approved circumstances, dual nationals (of which one element is British) may be granted access.
However, if potential conflicts of interest cannot be managed, the post holder will not be permitted access the systems or material required for the role and will not therefore be able to perform their duties.
For the purposes of safeguarding national security, applicants who do not hold or achieve the required levels of security clearance requirements cannot be offered the post.
This role will also be subject to MV and SC Vetting. Please refer to the job description for full role requirements.
- Detective Staff Investigators must be able to conduct serious and complex investigations, interview victims and witnesses in relation to serious and complex investigations, interview suspects in relation to serious and complex investigations.
- Pursue identified lines of enquiry fairly, without bias and, when relevant, take appropriate steps to identify any suspects.
- Ensure that victims, witnesses and families are kept informed of the progress of the investigation and provided with any necessary support and protection.
- Must be PIP2 accredited.
- Proven experience investigating complex and difficult investigations.
- Due to the nature of the role, applicants must be willing to work flexibly and have duties changes at short notice to meet operational needs.
How to Apply
Apply to the role by clicking the link below. Further information about the role is also available via this link.